Healthy & super EASY to make!
Great for BLW(without the salt) or something for toddlers to mum and dad! Save this one as you’ll make it on repeat!
Healthy Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
- 1⅓ cups (240 g) macaroni (wholemeal optional but I used penne)
- 1 small head cauliflower (600g), leaves trimmed, cut into small florets
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- ½ cup (60 g) finely grated cheddar
- ½ cup (40 g) finely grated parmesan
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- A pinch ground or finely grated fresh nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 8 minutes or until it’s almost soft.
- Place the cauliflower and milk in a large saucepan over low heat and bring to a simmer (slow bubbles).
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer gently for 8–10 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft. Allow cooling slightly.
- Using a hand-held stick blender (watching for splashes!), blend until smooth.
- Place a colander in the sink and, wearing oven gloves, carefully pour in the pasta to drain. Add the drained pasta to the pan with the cauliflower, then sprinkle in half the cheddar and half the parmesan. Add salt, pepper and the nutmeg and stir to combine, using a spatula.
- Divide the cauliflower pasta between 4 x 1¼-cup-capacity (310ml) ovenproof dishes. Or use the BIBO suction bowls that are SAFE to go in the oven!