What you need?
- 1 1/2CUPS SELF-RAISING FLOUR
- 1 TABLESPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1 EGG
- 1 CUP (250ML) MILK
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA EXTRACT (THE SECRET TRICK)
- 40G UNSALTED BUTTER, MELTED
- Place the flour, baking powder and in a bowl and stir together
- Melt butter in jug. Add the milk and egg. Whisk together!
- Using a spoon, dig a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Pour the egg mixture into the well, then whisk it all together to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large, lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using a ladle or a cup, add about ¼ cup (60ml) of the batter to the pan for each pancake (you can cook 2–3 at a time, just leave yourself enough space for flipping). Cook pancakes for 1–2 minutes each side or until they’re golden, using a turner to flip them.
- Stack and serve the pancakes warm from the pan with some natural yoghurt, maple syrup and berries (or your own favourite toppings).
Yummy are you going to give this a go next weekend?